Welcome to my Cooking Blog

Join me as I traverse my way through recipes for meals and desserts, and a whole host of other things in the world of cuisine.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baked Ham Marinade Sauce.

Both my husband and I are huge fans of Ham.  There's something that seems really special about each succulent bite of tender meat ... and when it's been baked with a sauce it really lifts it to a whole new level.  This recipe is actually more for the Sauce than the ham itself, but I figured what the heck?  I'll post it as I made it.

Ingredients.

  • A whole Ham roast.  We used a 7lb spiral sliced ham roast.

For the Sauce
  • 12 fluid ounces of Cola.
  • 1 cup of Brown Sugar
  • 1 tbsp Mustard,
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 dash Tabasco Sauce
  • 1 clove of Garlic minced.
Mix all ingredients together.
Prepare the Ham roast as you would usually, scoring the fat and studding with cloves (optional)
Place Ham in a 325 degree oven and bake for 1 hour.
Baste ham with the Sauce
Baste every 15 minutes till the Ham is fully cooked.
Remove Ham from the oven, tent it with foil, and leave to sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
Pour the remaining Sauce over the sliced Ham to serve.

We didn't use the sauce to serve, because I made it as part of a full roast dinner, and had made gravy instead.  However, the sauce flavours permeated through the meat and it tasted FANTASTIC!!  The fact that this is so easy to prepare with things that you'd usually have on hand anyway makes this a real keeper!!

Till next time, keep cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment