Welcome to my Cooking Blog

Join me as I traverse my way through recipes for meals and desserts, and a whole host of other things in the world of cuisine.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clotted Cream.

One thing that I remember from my childhood vacations to Cornwall in the southwest of the UK, is the Cream Teas we used to have in an afternoon.  I cherish memories of sitting out in the sun, at a table with a big patio parasol to keep the sun off us, with my parents and my sister.

We would buy a pot of Tea, and Cream Teas.  For those who don't know, Cream Teas consist of scones, split open, and piled high with fruit jam, and clotted cream.  Disgustingly fattening, terribly unhealthy, but so good that they should come with a warning stating that you're about to die, pass go, and ascend straight to heaven!  Unfortunately, they should also come with a warning that you shouldn't`eat these if you want any hope of fitting into your prom/wedding dress.


Unfortunately, here in BC, clotted Cream is next to impossible to find.  Tomorrow, Andy is taking me to a British Import Store that I buy my Teabags from, to see if they carry it.  Then this weekend, my husband and Andy are accompanying me on a tour of the British Import Stores in the lower mainland to see if we can find it anywhere else.  If not, then I may just have to embark on the somewhat daunting task of making my own.  God help me, but I want a Cream Tea SO bad!!

Till next time, keep on cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment