Welcome to my Cooking Blog

Join me as I traverse my way through recipes for meals and desserts, and a whole host of other things in the world of cuisine.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Lemon Chocolate Chip Muffins.

With the stash of Lemons sitting in my fridge, I began to think about how I could use them up, rather than just making Lemonade.  Then it hit me.  I'd bought some milk chocolate chips earlier in the week and decided to do Lemon chocolate chip muffins.  I just used a basic Chocolate Chip muffin recipe and adapted it slightly to add the lemon to it.

These muffins turned out extremely well!  The lemon flavour was light, not overpowering, and mixed with the chocolate SOOO well!  They were light and fluffy, and decidedly moreish!  I think the only change I'll make next time is to top the muffins with a lemon syrup once they've cooled for a light crispy coating on top.

Ingredients.

  • 4 cups flour (or 1/2 cup more, if needed)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 7 tsps baking powder
  • 3/4 cup margarine (at room temperature)
  • 4 beaten eggs
  • 2 tsps vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups of Chocolate Chips (I used Milk Chocolate, but use whatever your favourites are)
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Combine dry ingredients with pastry blender, cut in margarine. In another bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and milk together until frothy. Pour into dry mixture and stir just until blended. Do not over mix. Gently fold in chocolate chips.Spoon into paper baking cups in muffin pan almost to the top. Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.

Makes 24 large muffins

Till next time, keep on cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment