Welcome to my Cooking Blog

Join me as I traverse my way through recipes for meals and desserts, and a whole host of other things in the world of cuisine.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Strawberry Banana Twist Smoothie.

I find it a little hard to believe that I've gone without a blender in my kitchen till now.  After all, it seems that everyone has had one.  However, my husband kindly rectified that glaring omission today and I'm now the proud owner of a brand spanking new Blender sitting proudly on my kitchen counter.

Of course, I had to try it out, just to make sure it works and all.  Like you do.  So, I decided a smoothie would be the way to go - just to ease it in gently, you understand.  Of course, never having made my own smoothies before (Oh Lord, I've been missing out!), I felt an urge to check online for some recipes.  I really wasn't sure which way to go with this, because I do like a lot of different fruits, but in the end, I figured I'd stick with Strawberries and work from there.

So, after hunting around for a while, I settled on the Strawberry Banana Twist, which really is self explanatory.  This smoothie was YUMMY!!  Sweet strawberries, ripe Banana, and a healthy dose of calcium from the milk.  People, you HAVE to try this!

Ingredients.

  • 2 large bananas, chopped
  • 250g strawberries, hulled
  • 2 small cups fresh milk
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
 Method.

Add the bananas and strawberries to the blender. Next add the scoops of vanilla ice cream, followed by the milk and honey. Blend for approximately 20 seconds on full power. Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy.  It really IS that simple folks.

These will be perfect when the warmer weather arrives.  We found them cool and refreshing, and oh so tasty!  You could easily be fooled into thinking that they're unhealthy too, but they're really not!

Till next time, keep on cookin'!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment