Welcome to my Cooking Blog

Join me as I traverse my way through recipes for meals and desserts, and a whole host of other things in the world of cuisine.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cheesy Garlic Pull Aparts.

This recipe was one I found via Pillsbury on Facebook. It didn't seem hard and so I decided to try it as an appetizer on my birthday for my husband and best friend.

I have to say, it was DIVINE! And of course, if you're like we are, and love cheese and garlic, you don't have to stick to the amounts of cheese and garlic that's stated in the recipe.

Ingredients.


  • 3 Tablespoons Butter
  • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 12oz can pillsbury biscuit dough. Use your favourite!
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
  • 2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated.

Heat oven to 425.

Melt butter in small bowl. Stir garlic, parsley and garlic powder into butter. (I added an extra clove of Garlic and left out the garlic powder, because we didn't have any at hand.) Pour butter mixture into a pie pan.

Cut biscuits into 4 sections each or as little or as many as you like. Place in pan. Top with both cheeses.

Bake for 10-15 minutes until biscuits are cooked through.

Invert upside down onto a plate. Note that you may need to use a knife run around the edges to loosen any cheese that is stuck to the sides of the pie pan.

*Notes - I actually used Strong Cheddar cheese and Garlic Harvati cheese on top of mine, and I used WAY more than the recipe calls for, but again, we're cheese freaks here in this house, and the entire thing disappeared in moments! Do be warned, once you've inverted it onto a plate, let it cool for a few minutes, the melted cheese is very hot, as can be attested to with a couple of burnt fingers lol. I also replaced the dried parsley with Italian Seasoning. It was yummy!

Till next time, Keep cookin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment