Welcome to my Cooking Blog

Join me as I traverse my way through recipes for meals and desserts, and a whole host of other things in the world of cuisine.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Like most people I know, chocolate chip cookies always go down well in our house. The husband loves them, I love them, and so do most of my friends. I decided to try this recipe out, and while the husband and my friends loved them, I wasn't too keen on them. They were more of a crunchy style cookie and I prefer soft and chewy cookies. Then again, it might be that I missed some crucial step of the recipe somewhere along the way lol. So, without further ado:


Ingredients.

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 2 1/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.

Pour the melted butter into a large bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.

Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

I used Milk Chocolate chips because I'm not a fan of semi sweet chocolate, and dark chocolate makes me ill. As stated above, these cookies came out more like a biscuit than a cookie and were just a little too crunchy for my liking. However, the husband loved them, and so did my friends, so I would definitely be willing to make them again.

Till next time, keep cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment